Choosing A Cosmetic Dentist
Choosing the Right Cosmetic Dentist
When you have decided to improve your smile design, it’s important to select the best cosmetic dentist in your area.
Picking an experienced and dedicated dentist can make a tremendous difference to the final results.
Also, try to find a dentist you feel comfortable with and whom you can trust.
Bear the following questions in mind during your survey for a cosmetic dentist:
Do They Have Extensive Cosmetic Dentistry Training?
It’s true that your general dentist can carry out cosmetic dentistry procedures. However, they may not have undertaken additional training or gained much experience compared to cosmetic dentists. Take the time to read your dentist’s bio and find out if they are affiliated with any organizations, e.g. the American Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry, or the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
How Many Smile Makeovers Have They Completed?
Cosmetic dentistry combines the arts with the latest technology, so it’s important to select a dentist who has the technical skills combined with artistic flair. This type of expertise can take years to develop. Hence, the number of cases they’ve seen counts in that matter.
Do They Provide Any Photographs of Finished Cases?
A good cosmetic dentist will be proud of their work and have before and after photographs showing numerous different cosmetic dentistry procedures. Quite a few dental offices will have these pictures on their website. This is a visual prove that the work is indeed excellent and flawless.
What Do Patients Have to Say about This Dentist’s Work?
It’s a good idea to ask for patient referrals and to look online for reviews about that particular dentist. It is possible to find unbiased reviews for any dentist who has made it onto your shortlist. An excellent dentist is quite likely to post proudly these reviews on their website. Using those reviews as guidelines are an excellent way to gauge.
Prepare to be Pampered.
When to Turn to a Cosmetic Dentist
If you’re looking to make some improvements to your smile, you’ll want to visit a skilled cosmetic dentist.
A cosmetic dental procedure is any treatment that improves the positive appearance of a patient’s smile, including teeth, gums or bite alignment.
While cosmetic dentistry doesn’t always improve how your teeth function, it will improve the way they look and the way your smile appears to others.
Cosmetic dental therapies are extremely popular and widely used. Many are virtually risk-free.
You may turn to a cosmetic dentist to correct one or more of the following:
- Discolored teeth can be corrected by teeth whitening or dental veneers. Veneers are thin shells of composite resin or porcelain material that are adhered directly to your natural tooth’s surface.
- Missing or severely gapped teeth can be replaced with dental bridges or dental implants.
- Chipped or cracked teeth can be corrected by bonding, using dental composite material formed carefully into a pleasing shape and hardened and polished. Veneers can also correct this issue.
- A gummy smile can be corrected with a gingivectomy, or the removal of gum tissue through a gum lift, giving the illusion of longer natural teeth.
- Dark or blotchy gum tissue can be corrected with gum depigmentation.
- Restorative work necessary to complete root canal therapy may include a dental crown designed to protect your natural tooth.
- A misshapen tooth can be corrected with enameloplasty, or the removal of tooth structure to reshape a tooth to be more attractive. It can correct small chips or can alter the length of an over-long tooth.
If you have any of these concerns regarding your smile, talk to your cosmetic dentist in Sarasota Florida today. You can make a plan together to meet your smile goals so that you can have the even, bright smile you’ve always desired.