Take Care Of Your Smile
The Care and Keeping of Your Smile Makeover
Now that you have a bright new smile, it’s important to know the best way to care for your new smile makeover.
With proper maintenance, your smile will be bright and your veneers, crowns and other restorations will last for many years.
There are a few oral hygiene modifications that will help you maintain your new smile:
- When brushing your teeth, use a non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste that will not scratch the surface of your restorations or dull their polish and luster. Brush two to three times per day, preferably immediately after meals, for maximum effectiveness.
- Regular flossing is a crucial factor in increasing the lifespan of your restorations by removing debris and plaque from teeth and preventing tooth decay. If you have veneers, it is particularly important to floss to maintain excellent gum tissue health.
- Mouthwashes that contain alcohol can damage composite fillings and harm the bond between your crowns and veneers. If you choose to use mouthwash, select a product that is alcohol-free to protect your restorations.
- Limit consumption of foods and beverages that are known to cause staining such as coffee, tea, red wine, and berries. Limit between-meal snacks and foods high in sugar to prevent developing cavities.
- Drinking alcoholic beverages and smoking excessively can ruin your dental work.
- Refrain from biting or chewing on hard objects such as pens, fingernails, and bottle caps.
- Wear a mouth guard when playing sports to prevent chips and cracks. Wearing proper mouth protection while playing contact or combat sports will protect your veneers, teeth, and tongue.
- If you grind your teeth at night, wear a night guard to prevent unintentional damage to your teeth and restorations.
- Visit your dentist twice a year for regular checkups and cleanings.
Although your smile makeover is not indestructible, and most restorations will need to be replaced in five to fifteen years, with proper care and maintenance you can significantly extend the longevity of your new smile.
Prepare to be Pampered.
What Could Cosmetic Dentistry Do For Your Smile?
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry encompasses dental procedures that are designed to change the overall appearance of your teeth and gums.
This can include dental veneers and teeth whitening, and other procedures that can help to improve the health of your teeth in addition to appearance.
These procedures include dental bonding, white fillings and porcelain crowns and bridges.
It’s possible your dentist will suggest a treatment plan using multiple cosmetic dental procedures. This is because it can be more cost effective than using a single cosmetic dental treatment. For example, chair-side whitening combined with a few strategically placed veneers can achieve the same results as veneering all your teeth for a much lower price.
Planning Your Cosmetic Dental Treatments
If you are interested in having cosmetic dentistry, schedule a consultation with cosmetic dentist Dr. Jenifer Back to find out how your smile could be improved. Dr. Back will be able to discuss what can realistically be achieved and she can formulate a treatment plan showing the recommended dental procedures, the costs and the anticipated time to complete treatment.
Quite a few people choose to have cosmetic dentistry so they look their best for a very special event. If this is the case then be sure to allow plenty of time for treatment to be completed as this will help ensure you have your perfect smile in time for your big day.
Get Your New Smile Today!
Our team of cosmetic dentistry experts are ready for you.
Call: (941) 927-5450